The Bump Room incorporates exercises from yoga, pilates and strengthening techniques for the best pregnancy exercise program. There are currently Bump Rooms in Limerick, Dublin, Cork, Killarney, Sligo, Clare, Tipperary and Mayo with more Bump Rooms growing across the country.
Why The Bump Room?
All classes are delivered by physiotherapists, who are members of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists. Each exercise is chosen to challenge and support women as their body changes
- Strengthen areas prone to weakness from ligament laxity
- Stretch areas prone to tightness from postural changes
- Limit fluid retention
- Helps minimise pelvic pain and joint discomfort.
- Use of the gym ball is central to The Bump Room as it allows for movement of the pelvis in a supported way.
- The Bump Room is a great meeting place for mums-to-be which is sociable and supportive.
- We guarantee that every woman leaves the Bump Room feeling limber, relaxed and destined for a good’s night sleep.
The growth of The Bump Room is due to word of mouth and the support of obstetricians and midwives who have seen first-hand the benefits.